Quis Vir est a vir Quisanam does non planto is universitas melior
“What man is a man who does not make this world better”
- North Carolina Chiropractic Association
- American Chiropractic Association
- American Pregnancy Association
- American College of Sports Medicine
- North American Association of Laser Therapy
- British Medical Acupuncture Society
- Acupuncture Society of America
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Aircraft Owner’s and Pilots Association
Education and Academics
- Ferris State College
- Oakland College
- 1970 U.S. Army (flight and military intelligence)
- 1972 Augusta Georgia certified Law enforcement officer
- 1972-1976 Palmer College of Chiropractic
- 1976 Diplomat of National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1976 passed South Dakota Medical written examination
- 1976 passed North Carolina Chiropractic practical and written examination
- 1977 opened Practice in Boone, N.C. and 1993 opened satellite office in West Jefferson N.C.
- 1978-1979 Instructor, Central Piedmont College
- 1981, 1983, 1984, 1986 N.C.C.A. recipient of Service Par Excellence Award
- 1983,1984 Distinguished Service Award
- Counselor and Instructor for Pinnacle Chiropractic, a National Chiropractic Organization.
1982-1986 held following positions in North Carolina Chiropractic Association:
- President of the NCCA
- Treasurer, Secretary, Vice President of NCCA
- N.C. Vice President of Palmer Alumni
- 1985-1990 NCCA Sports Council Chairman
Post Graduate Certifications
- 2012 Advanced Certification, Spine Research Institute of San Diego, Whiplash and Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Course.
- Certified in Class IV laser
- Certified Pettibon Spinal Biomechanics and Bioengineering
- Certified in Acupuncture
- Certified Erhardt Radiography Program.
- Certified by Dr. M. Malley in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Upper and Lower Extremity evaluation and management.
- 1/1/2013-12-31-2017 Medical Staff of Watauga Medical Center in the Department of Surgery & Anesthesiology. Primary Independent Practitioner.
Post Graduate Studies
- Bioengineering relative to spine and extremities
- Musculoskeletal Injury and Rehab
- Upper and Lower Extremities
- Vascular Studies
- Sports medicine
- Foot care and Orthotics
- Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology
Dr. Batchelor is a 2012 graduate of the under Arthur C. Croft, Ph.D.©, D.C., M.S., M.P.H., F.A.C.O. Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology course: and continues to attend Spine Research Institute conferences. Graduates of this program have received the most in-depth, science-based training available today. The program covers the entire spectrum from the physics of motor vehicle crashes to human biomechanics to diagnostics and management.
Minimum post graduate Chiropractic education required in North Carolina is composed of 24 hours each year. Hours taken in 2012 by Doctor Batchelor = 80 hours.
Dr. Batchelor has been courtroom qualified as an expert witness.
Since 1992 Chiropractic Consultant and lecturer in the area of providing patient service and care across the U.S. and internationally.
A active licensed private pilot since 1983 and certified Helicopter pilot in 1971.
1979-1985 Appalachian Karate Instructor.
Dr. Batchelor has competed in over 50 triathlons in the U.S. and internationally since 1985 as well as treated some of the greatest triathletes in the world and personally swims on TEAM CHIROPRACTIC.. He has been an avid Polo Player and a published sports injury writer for Polo Magazine, contributor to the North Carolina Chiropractic Journal in the past and has held seminars related to sport injury/care for the North Carolina Chiropractic Association.
Dr. Batchelor received a Living Legends Sport Karate Award in 2003, as recognized by Bob Wall, founder of the Living Legends Organization and friend of the late Bruce Lee.
The clinic has sponsored the Spring Back Road Race and the Boone Power lifting Championship.
Batchelor Chiropractic Triathlon Team
Batchelor Chiropratic has supported the Watauga Lake Triathlon for years and Batchelor Chiropractic’s Team Chiropractic has finished first place fastest time in 2012, 2013, 2014k, 2015 and 2016. Team Chiropractic is composed of Gene Fowler Cyclist, Taylor Gupton Runner, Brad Batchelor Swimmer.
The Doctor’s Other Life
In his spare time, Dr. Batchelor spends his time with his wife, Marina and daughter, Asha.
He also is a Biplane and Bush plane Pilot and works as an Actor, Director, Producer, Editor and Director of Photography and is completing the Period film “Alexander Jamieson to be released in 2017.
Batchelor also spends time as a Sports Photographer creating images of the NFL, ASU Sports, Watauga High School Sports as well as refining his art of action photography and sharing images with BlowingRockNews.com.
He enjoys participating in sports including Polo, Snow boarding, Water skiing, wake surfing, wake boarding, swimming, biking and running. He completed Eco-Challenge Adventure racing school, X international triathlete and still swims on the Batchelor Chiropractic triathlon team which has placed with fasted time that last three years at the Watauga Lake Triathlon.
Dr. Batchelor’s wife, Marina, is from the country of Malaysia. She is a writer of children’s books and is CEO of TwinOaks Corp, an engineering company specializing in Infrared Thermographic Scanning in Malaysia. She is the Main Office administrator and quality control person in the area of insurance and other administrative departments in the Chiropractic Clinic.